1. Start with your long pieces of 1.5 inch grosgrain. Fold them in half to create a visible crease in the middle of each strip.
2. Overlap these creases at a 90 degree angle, pin in place with one straight pin.
3. Place this piece before you so that you are looking at an "X" shape. Take the top ends of your "X", bring them together, and overlap them. Clip them together with an alligator clip.
4. Repeat step #3 with the bottom ends of your "X"
5. Overlap the tails you made in step #3 and #4. You will want about 1 inch of overlap. Clip these in place - - you have now created the back of your Boutique Bow! All of your overlaps should be clean and straight.
6. Center the back of your bow over the center of your bow to create a "t" shape.
7. Sew 3 evenly-spaced stitches through the center of your bow.
8. Pull the thread to create the center creases, adjusting the creases by-hand where needed.
9. Wrap the center of the knot with your thread, pulling tight
10. Tie off your knot - grab ONLY thread, no grosgrain! This way you can push an open Alligator Clip under the thread when you go to add your hardware!