1. First, we cut our 2.5" burlap ribbon into 12 inch pieces.
2. Fold in 1 inch on left side, fold 1/2 inch on right side. Then take right side and fold in 3 inches to make the pocket. You will need to make 25 pockets.
3. Stitch the pockets with your baker's twine.
4. Cut your satin ribbon into 12 inch pieces and tie them into bows. You can mix and match colors as you wish. You need a total of 25 bows.
5. Time to make your pockets pretty. Attach your bows with a drop of hot glue. Make sure to leave room for the numbers. We went the simple way and wrote our numbers with sharpie but feel free to get as creative as you'd like.
6. Put your banner together by stringing the backs of each pocket to a long strip of baker's twine. Attach bells or other embellishments as you wish.
We made our advent banner pop by pairing it with a triangle bunting made from wrapping paper. If this project doesn't get you in the holiday spirit, we don't know what will.